Choosing colors that look best on us is sometimes—if not always—a tricky job. If you don’t wear the right colors, you will end up looking tired, washed-out, and older. That is why, finding the perfect colors needs special attention.
The first step in choosing the best colors for you is by determining your skin undertones. Warm and cool are two basic undertones. In clothes, as with makeup, undertones along with hair and eye color give valuable clues as to what shades will work most harmoniously. Therefore, these factors directly impact what colors will look best on you.Warm undertones
You’re probably a warm if you have the following:
- Dark hair
- Brown or green eyes
- Olive or golden skin
- Beige skin
- Skin which tans easily
- Yellow skin undertones
- Veins have a green hue
Warm undertones look best in these colors:
- Red (with warm undertones such as tomato red)
- Golden yellow
- Golden brown
- Olive green
- Gold jewelry
Cool complexions are typically defined by these features:
- Light to medium brown hair
- Light green, hazel or blue eyes
- Grey or blue-grey eyes
- Natural blond hair
- Fair or pale skin
- Skin which burns easily
- Pink skin undertones
- Veins have a blue hue
Cool undertones look best in following colors:
- Red (with blue undertones such as cherry red)
- Mint green
- Silver jewelry
- Jeans work well with many different colors. Cool women can pair dressy jeans with bright turquoise or deep purple tops while warm women will look flattering in yellow tops over dark jeans and high heels.
- Never limit yourself to light shades only. Rich hues of flattering colors can make a bold statement and can really bring out your natural beauty.
- If you find a bottom in a color you love but don’t fall into your most flattering category, you can still wear it. Just simply pair it with a top that flatters you.
- Wear makeup and jewelry to enhance and complement your clothing choices.